Formerly the Travel Editor for Postmedia Network’s canada.com, Mark’s writing and photography have appeared in numerous Canadian newspapers, websites and magazines including The Globe & Mail, Canadian Geographic Travel, Canada.com, Metro Newspapers, CAA Magazine, Reader’s Digest, The Montreal Gazette, Vancouver Sun, Calgary Herald, Ottawa Citizen and more.
Mark has loved to travel ever since his parents took him on epic cross-country road trips as a child. He believes travel can be a force for good and hopes his stories inspire others to explore the world to encounter different cultures in order to gain a greater understanding of how we are all connected.
Mark is currently freelancing and always ready to explore new destinations and welcomes new writing opportunities. You can contact him at https://www.stachiew.com/travel/contact-us/.
Here is a small sample of Mark’s published travel stories:
- Cuba Libre: Cuba Beyond the Beach (CAA Magazine)
- Road-tripping through Canada’s natural wonderland (Air Transat Atmospheres)
- Artists, islands and orcas: The top Canadian travel destinations for 2018 (The Globe & Mail)
- Cuba ‘Trump-ets’ new American invasion (TraveLife)
- Costa Rica: Welcome to the jungle (Ottawa Style Magazine)
- A new vocabulary for describing travel emotions (The Globe & Mail)
- Entering Germany’s dragon den on a robot (TraveLife)
- Experience these seven natural wonders of New Zealand (National Post)
- Following the trail of Grey Owl to Saskatchewan’s Prince Albert National Park (canada.com)
- Discovering the true beauty of Fiji on a rainy day (canada.com)
- Once the palatial home of Queen Victoria’s daughter, hotel offers historic ambiance with modern amenities (canada.com)
- In search of imperial splendour in Vietnam (canada.com)
- Discovering Canada one kilometre at a time (canada.com)
- Montreal: The City of Bagels (The Jewish Chronicle)
- The best bike touring routes in Taiwan, no matter your skill level (TraveLife)
- Orlando beyond the theme parks (Metro News)
- 5 places to scare yourself silly this Halloween (Metro News)
- The world is not enough (Metro News)
- Air-rail link keeps Toronto competitive (The Globe & Mail)
- Hockey night in Frankfurt (Metro News)
- 10 reasons to stay in Canada for your winter vacation (The Globe & Mail)
- 6 things to know before you travel with your pet (Global News)
- 10 Canadian places that need more love (Vacay.ca)
- Billy’s Guide to Airport plane spotting (Billy Magazine)
- Tennis not just for posh tourists in Anguilla (TraveLife)
If you want to read more, a quick Google search will find more of Mark’s writing or look for some of his stories on this website.