My inbox is filled each week with news and notes from around the travel world. Here are some items that landed recently that I thought would be of interest.
Travellers can score a last-minute deal with Trafalgar
Looking for a last minute getaway? Take advantage of Trafalgar’s special last minute deals to Europe and North America. With many departures available, travellers can book their dream summer vacations now. These offers won’t last long, so you’ll need to book fast to save up to $2,602 on European trips and up to $1,278 on North America guided vacations.
“Our last minute deals to Europe and North America are excellent opportunities for travellers to plan that summer vacation with huge savings,” says Wolf Paunic, president of Trafalgar Canada. “With departures dates on guided vacations from May to August, there are lots of options for Canadian travellers.”
Tours include Britain and Ireland Panorama, Italian Glory, Best of Hawaii Moderate and Northern California.
To find out more information, contact your local travel agent or visit https://www.trafalgar.com/can/
Visit Shakespeare’s world this summer
Canadians looking to visit some of the settings of the Bard’s most famous plays can take advantage of some of these European tours this summer:
- Fans of Measure for Measure should consider Insight Vacations’ 11-day “Vienna Budapest and Prague” itinerary which visits Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic; from $2,850 with departures throughout spring and summer. For more information, visit insightvacations.com
- Those who love Romeo & Juliet or the Two Gentlemen of Verona should look at Uniworld’s 10-day “Gems of Northern Italy” itinerary that travels from Milan to Venice aboard a floating palace; from $4,949 with departures throughout summer. For more information, visit uniworld.com
- Hamlet aficionados need to visit Kronborg Castle located in Helsingør, Denmark. They can do that with Contiki’s 13-day “Scandinavia (end Helsinki)” itinerary visits Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland; from $2,585 with departures in August 2016. For more information, visit contiki.com
- If Macbeth is your cup of tea, then head to Glamis Castle in Scotland with Trafalgar’s 13-day “Scotland’s Highlands Islands and Cities” itinerary visits the Scottish Highlands including Orkney, Skye and Mull; from $3,906 with departures throughout spring and summer. For more information, visit trafalgar.com
- To know more about Shakespeare, visit his home country, with a stop in Stratford-upon-Avon, on Insight Vacations’ 5-day “Gems of Britain” itinerary captures the essence of Britain in only a few days; from $1,695 with departures throughout spring and summer. For more information, visit insightvacations.com
Tour Barcelona’s Jewish Quarter with Context Travel
Context Travel, known for its critically acclaimed walking tours in the world’s cultural capitals, is expanding its Barcelona program to include a Jewish history walk in the Gothic Quarter.
Titled “Jewish Barcelona,” the walk looks at uncovering the history of the Jewish community in the cultural capital of Catalonia.
Visitors on the walk will explore the Gothic Quarter, looking at the the former Jewish neighborhood, known as El Call. Strolling the area, they will connect the difficult history of the Sephardic Jews to Barcelona’s present Jewish community, gaining cultural and religious insights.
The 2.5 hour walk is available Tuesdays and Sundays for groups, priced at 85 euros per person, or privately daily, priced at 375 euros for a party of up to 6 travelers. For specific inquiries regarding scheduling, please consult their website at www.contexttravel.com
Jamaica’s Half Moon Resort wants guests to help sea turtles
Half Moon resort in Jamaica is offering guests for its turtle season (August 1 –November 30) an exciting opportunity to tick off their bucket list this summer and learn how they can play their part in sea turtle conservation.
The Sizzling Summer Offer includes:
- 7 nights luxury accommodations with up to 7 nights free (a savings of up to 50%!)
- Sunset picnic on the beach
- Guided night-time turtle walk
- Reserve picnic and turtle walk on arrival. (Turtle walk based on turtle nesting & hatching patterns. Turtle sightings not guaranteed).
Book by July 24; stay August 1 – November 30. To book your reservation, contact your travel agent or call 1-876-953-2211, using the promo code TSIZZ. Terms & Conditions apply.