Mark Stachiew is a Montreal-based travel journalist who has been exploring and writing about the world for more than 25 years.
Formerly the Travel Editor for Postmedia Network’s canada.com, Mark’s writing and photography have appeared in numerous Canadian newspapers, websites and magazines including The Globe & Mail, Metro Newspapers, The Montreal Gazette, Vancouver Sun, Calgary Herald, Ottawa Citizen and more.
Mark has loved to travel ever since his parents took him on epic cross-country road trips as a child. He believes travel can be a force for good and hopes his stories inspire others to explore the world to encounter different cultures in order to gain a greater understanding of how we are all connected.
Mark is currently freelancing and always ready to explore new destinations and welcomes new writing opportunities. You can contact him at http://www.stachiew.com/travel/contact-us/.
Here is a small sample of Mark’s published stories:
- A new vocabulary for describing travel emotions
- Following the trail of Grey Owl to Saskatchewan’s Prince Albert National Park
- Discovering the true beauty of Fiji on a rainy day
- Once the palatial home of Queen Victoria’s daughter, hotel offers historic ambiance with modern amenities
- In search of imperial splendour in Vietnam
- Discovering Canada one kilometre at a time
- Montreal: The City of Bagels
- The best bike touring routes in Taiwan, no matter your skill level
- Orlando beyond the theme parks
- 5 places to scare yourself silly this Halloween
- The world is not enough
- Air-rail link keeps Toronto competitive
- Hockey night in Frankfurt
- 10 reasons to stay in Canada for your winter vacation
- 6 things to know before you travel with your pet
- 10 Canadian places that need more love
- Billy’s Guide to Airport plane spotting
- Tennis not just for posh tourists in Anguilla
If you want to read more, a quick Google search will find more of Mark’s writing.